To provide a committed and professional approach towards coaching, assisting the Head Coach to deliver the training programmes to provide the opportunity for all swimmers to achieve their full potential.
• Well organised and efficient
• Sound knowledge of the club
• Confident and effective communicator • Understanding and impartial
• Plan and deliver coaching sessions appropriate to the ability junior swimmers
• Provide coaching cover in person for times as agreed with the Club Committee.
• Ensure that the appropriate level of coaching is available for all junior training sessions
• Select swimmers for appropriate teams as agreed with the Head Coach
• Remain aware of the technical rules of swimming strokes as they change.
• Be aware of any special needs of the swimmers involved i.e. fitness levels, medical conditions, physical impairments or disabilities.
• Abide by all policies and codes as required by the Club.
• Comply with the Clubs’ Health & Safety policy and any other Health & Safety regulations that are appropriate.
• Follow and promote the ASA Child Protection Policy.
Ongoing weekly responsibility as well as club events
Benefits to Self
An extremely rewarding role within your club.
Ulverston Amateur Swimming Club