Co-ordinating the recruitment and organisation of volunteers within the club.
• Well organised and able to delegate
• Enthusiastic and a good motivator
• Confident and effective communicator
• Main contact for all volunteers
• Get to know all club volunteers and potential volunteers by name
• Ensure all jobs have job descriptions
• Supervise and oversee all none poolside volunteers*
• Liaise with the Chairperson to ensure all tasks required to run the club are carried out • Co-ordinate the implementation of the volunteers requirements
• Liaise with the Development Officer and Competition Secretary as to their volunteer requirements
• Liaise closely with the Child Welfare Officer to ensure that each volunteer is aware of the Child Protection Policy and Procedures
• Awareness of the Sport England – Volunteers Investment Programme (VIP) • Ensure volunteers are directed to the ASA website for useful information on volunteering
• Organise social and recruitment events for volunteers**
• Collate spreadsheet of volunteer qualifications
Determined by the club i.e. 2 hours per week plus Committee Meetings
Benefits to Self
Contribution to creating a better structure for volunteers within Swimming and simultaneously helping your club by recruiting more volunteers.
* Poolside volunteers are supervised by the Head Coach.
** In co-operation with Public Relations Officer.
Ulverston Amateur Swimming Club