To provide a committed and professional approach towards coaching, set the direction and performance targets for the Club and provide the framework to give all swimmers the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
• Well organised and efficient
• Sound knowledge of the club
• Confident and effective communicator • Understanding and impartial
• Develop and update a rolling forward training programme for all the squads.
• Ensure that the appropriate level of coaching is available for all training sessions including Land training. Some of this responsibility may be delegated to other coaches where appropriate e.g. Junior Coach for younger swimming squads.
• Provide coaching cover in person for times as agreed with the Club Committee. This time will be spread so that the coach has the opportunity to see all levels of competitive swimmers.
• Allocate water time to the squads after consultation with the Club Committee.
• Allocate swimmers to squads within guidelines agreed with the Club Committee.
• Remain aware of the technical rules of swimming strokes as they change.
• Be aware of any special needs of the swimmers involved i.e. fitness levels, medical conditions, physical impairments or disabilities.
• Attend all Team galas except where agreed with the Club.
• Select suitable Team Managers for galas that the Coach shall not be attending in that capacity and provide them with team sheets.
• Organise regular coaches meetings for club coaches and teachers.
• Ensure that suitable ability teams are selected for all Club galas.
• Abide by all policies and codes as required by the Club.
• Comply with the Clubs’ Health & Safety policy and any other Health & Safety regulations. • Follow and promote the ASA Child Protection Policy
Ongoing weekly responsibility as well as club events
Benefits to Self
An extremely rewarding role within your club.
Ulverston Amateur Swimming Club